- Wave gliders: the tracks come with the correct number of wave gliders that are designed to create even, beautiful waves in your curtains.
- Smooth operation: the tracks glide smoothly and quietly, so you won’t be disturbed by the sound of your curtains moving.
- Durable construction: the tracks are made of durable aluminium and are made to last.
- Easy installation: the track are easy to install.
- Versatile design: the tracks can be used with a variety of curtain styles, including wave curtains, pinch pleat curtains, and pencil pleat curtains.
Things to consider when specifying your track include:
- Functionality: are you looking for a hand drawn, corded, motorised or ceiling recessed track?
- Weight of your curtains: for very heavy curtains you may need to consider a curtain track suitable for heavy curtains.
- Bay windows: you will need to specify a track that can be bent in our factory to your requirements
- Ceiling or wall fixing: if you are ceiling recess fitting you will need to specify a track specifically designed for a recess fit
Silent Gliss Metropole
The Silent Gliss Metropole tracks are a popular choice for wave curtains balancing the aesthetic beauty of a curtain pole with the functionality of a high performing track. The Metropole tracks are available in a wide range of colours and finial choices to complement your interior design style and colour scheme. They can all be bent in the factory for bay or curved windows.
The Metropole range is available in:
- a hand drawn slim 23mm profile, 30mm and 50mm profile.
- a corded profile in a 30mm and 50mm diameter.
- in a flat 36mm hand drawn profile.
- Motorised using the 50mm profile and 5100 or 5600 Silent Gliss motors.
Hand Drawn Tracks suitable for Wave Curtains
The Silent Gliss 6840 and 6870 hand drawn curtain tracks are popular choices. The main difference between the 2 tracks is the shape of the profile and the choice will come down to personal preferences. Both tracks measure 21mm in height so are similar in size.
These tracks are available in white, matt white, silver, anodic grey, antique bronze, charcoal and the recently launched black profile, and can be bent for bay or curved windows. Read our blog post for further information on the differences between the 2 tracks.
The Silent Gliss 6010 is a slimmer profile measuring 16mm in height and is an ideal choice for wave voile curtains. Available in white and black.
If space is limited above your glazing and you are top fixing you may wish to consider the Silent Gliss 6465 hand drawn track measuring just 14mm top to bottom. This track is only available for ceiling fixing and is available in white and black.
Corded Tracks suitable for Wave Curtains
You may wish to consider a corded track if your curtains draw behind furniture or a sofa and are difficult to reach at both sides. They are also ideal for tall ceilings when hand drawing your curtains may be tricky. A corded curtain track can help to prolong the life of your curtains, particularly if your curtains have been made in a delicate or lightly coloured fabric.
Both tracks are available in white, matt white, silver, anodic grey, antique bronze, charcoal and the recently launched black profile, and can be bent for bay or curved windows. They also both come with the ceiling fix clamp style brackets for top fixing which give a lovely flush fit to the ceiling.
The pulley housing on the 3870 track is streamlined into the track profile for a sophisticated finish. Silent Gliss recommend corded straight tracks over 4m and corded bent tracks over 3m are corded both sides. An intermediate pulley isn’t available on the 3870 track so for cording both side we would recommend the Silent Gliss 3840 track.
Ceiling Recess Fitting
Ceiling recess fitting a curtain track delivers a sophisticated, hotel chic at home look! Floor to ceiling length curtains can make a room feel bigger by drawing the eye up and down rather than side to side. This can be particularly effective in rooms with low ceiling or small windows.
Ceiling recess fitting is also a popular choice for curtains drawing over large expanses of glazing such as bi-fold or sliding doors.
Our best selling hand drawn recess track is the Silent Gliss 6243 track system. The Silent Gliss 6243 track is a high-quality, recessed curtain track that is perfect for both residential and commercial applications. It is made from durable aluminum and features a sleek, modern design. The track is also very easy to install and maintain.
The Silent Gliss 6465 and 6870 are also suitable for recess fitting and are available in black with a black recess mask to house the track. For a corded operation the 3870 track is also available for ceiling recess fitting.
A motorised curtain track offers a convenient way to open and close your curtains with the touch of a button. This can be particularly helpful if you have mobility issues or if your curtains are located in a hard to reach place.
A motorised track can also help to improve the security of your home enabling your curtains to open and close at specific times of the day.
The Silent Gliss 5100 track is available in 4 models:
- Basic model (5100B) that is supplied with a wall switch
- Timer model (5100T) that is supplied with a wall switch and a timer unit
- Remote control (5100R) that is supplied with a wall switch and remote control
- Total control (5100T) that is supplied with a wall switch, remote control and timer unit.
The 5100 tracks are available up to 6m and come in white.
The Silent Gliss 5600 motorised curtain track is the ultimate electric track that offers smooth, super silent and fast operation. It can be ceiling recess fitted and is available in black and white.
Layering a Silent Gliss Swiss pleat curtain with a wave curtain is a great way to add depth and interest to your window treatments and offer shading and privacy throughout the day. The Swiss pleat curtain will create a soft, relaxed look, while the wave curtain will add a touch of elegance.
To layer these two curtain styles, you will need to purchase two sets of curtains and 2 tracks. For ceiling fixing simply order 2 tracks with ceiling fix brackets. For wall fixing shop our range of double tracks.
With a little planning, you can create a stunning window treatment that will add style and elegance to your home. Here are some tips for layering Swiss pleat curtains with wave curtains:
- Choose curtains in complementary colours or patterns.
- Use a sheer or light-filtering fabric for the Swiss pleat curtain and a heavier fabric for the wave curtain.
- A light-coloured Swiss pleat curtain layered with a dark-coloured wave curtain can create a striking contrast.
- A sheer Swiss pleat curtain layered with a patterned wave curtain can add visual interest to a room.
- A Swiss pleat curtain layered with a blackout wave curtain is a good option for bedrooms.
No matter what your style, there is a way to layer Swiss pleat curtains with wave curtains to create a window treatment that is both beautiful and functional.
If you are embarking on a project and would like any help or inspiration, please do get in touch. We offer a bespoke design service and can provide fabric, design and paint colour advice to help you create a home you love. We are here to help throughout the whole process and can arrange fabric samples, do the sieving for you, and provide advice and recommendations.