Please note the last order date for guaranteed delivery of wave curtains in the Silent Gliss fabrics before Christmas is Wednesday 21st November.
Silent Gliss introduced the unique ‘wave’ curtain heading system that turns traditional curtains into a striking modern design statement. As an alternative to traditional curtain headings such as pencil pleat, pinch pleat or goblet, the wave system offers a more contemporary, neat and stylish curtain presentation. The finished appearance is similar to that of eyelet curtains but the fabric hangs directly below the track in a neat and uniform style.
The ‘wave’ effect is created through combining a specially designed heading tape and Wave glider-cord to get a soft and simple continuous wave effect. When opened the curtains stack back neatly and straight and when closed the fabric hangs in a smooth continuous wave effect.
Please view our YouTube video that explains this in more detail.
Why choose Wave Curtains?
- The curtains maintain a structured form throughout the drop giving a neat and stylish look to your curtains
- Minimal and contemporary in appearance
- Reduced curtain stack depth maximising the light
- Versatile – can be installed with pelmets
- Can be made in a continuous fabric width when using the Silent Gliss fabrics so there are no seams in your curtains
We can supply wave curtains in a range of Silent Gliss fabrics offering different textures and technical properties. A wide range of fabrics are available that balance function and design. We can also supply curtains using the Silent Gliss fabrics with a standard heading such as pencil pleat. The prices are the same as for wave curtains so please select your fabric, width and drop for a price. Please take a look at our Wave Curtains page for more information on the fabrics.
Some comments on ordering:
- Please note the curtain should be made to your track length so the width of your wave curtains should be the same as the width of your track.
- With regards to the drop we advise you take a right hand, centre and left hand measurement and supply the shortest. Hopefully there won’t be too much difference, if any, between the measurements! For wall fixing please measure from the top of the track to the floor. For ceiling / recess fitting please measure from the top of the ceiling / recess to the floor.
- If you provide outside recess measurements a deduction will be made for the track profile and the glider, for inside recess measurements a deduction will be made for the track profile, the glider and also a 9mm floor clearance.
- The difference between the 80mm and 60mm wave is the distance between the gliders on the track. The 80mm glider provides a deeper wave and a 60mm glider gives you a shallower wave.
- An 80mm wave gives you a narrower stack back which can be beneficial if you want your curtain to clear a door or window. The stack back on an 80mm wave is approximately 18cm per metre, and the stack back on a 60mm wave is approximately 23cm per metre.
- The depth of the wave is then determined by the hook spacing. The depth of the wave goes up in 4 sizes:
- a 60mm wave with 100 hook spacing gives the shallowest wave
- then a 60mm wave with 120 hook spacing gives the deepest wave with the 60mm gliders
- an 80mm wave with 140 hook spacing gives a shallower 80mm wave
- and an 80mm wave with 160 hook spacing gives the deepest wave.
The wave glider spacing is explained in more detail in the Silent Gliss Workroom Guide.
Wave curtains can only fitted on curtain tracks with wave gliders. We have a range of suitable curtain tracks available and can provide a quotation for the tracks supplied with the wave gliders. You can choose from a Silent Gliss 3840 track (available corded or uncorded) or their Silent Gliss 6243 recess track, the Silent Gliss Motorised track can be supplied with wave gliders along with any of their 30mm or 50mm Metropole tracks or 36mm Metroflat tracks.
The leadtime for the curtains is 4 weeks. Please note all curtains fall under our made to measure terms and conditions and therefore cannot be returned or exchanged unless faulty.
Please call us on 01590 615775 if you have any questions at all. Please email email@example.com if you would like any fabric swatch samples sending out. Don’t forget to include your name and address in your email!