The Home Of Interiors Country Charm Trend
Country Charm is a simple, classic and timeless interior design style, capturing the essence of the English Countryside and country living. Bring the trend to life with vintage florals and damask designs introduced on wallpapers and textiles. Ticking stripes and checks are also popular additions, working well for layering accessories such as cushions and throws for a comforting, homely feel. Muted, earthy colour schemes with soft neutrals, greens, reds and yellows lend themselves beautifully to this trend, as do aged natural materials such as wood and leather, ideal for furniture and home accessories.
How to work the trend!
- Decorate all the walls in your room with a classic floral / botanical wallpaper for a bold country feel. We particularly love the iconic designs in the Sanderson One Sixty collection such as the Stapleton Park wallpaper in Olive/Bengal Red. The stunning Willow Leaf paper from the Laura Ashley Homeware range is also a great choice.
- For a more toned down effect, consider keeping your walls neutral, with a bright floral or patterned fabric for your curtains, roman blinds and cushions. The Sanderson One Sixty, Prestigious Textiles Hamptons and Morris & Co. Emery Walker’s House ranges offer a beautiful selection of country style fabrics to choose from. Laura Ashley also offer some stunning staple designs in their Country Charm and Signature collections, synonymous with the country look.
- Alternatively, you could opt for a ready made curtain set to uplift your window treatment. The Laura Ashley pencil pleat and eyelet headed curtains offer some stunning designs with a classic country charm.
- Traditional, antique style wooden furniture and book shelves complete the classic look nicely, along with aged, leather chairs. Exposed beams also continue the country charm style.
- If decorating a bedroom, consider a nature inspired bedding set. The Laura Ashley Harvest Bedding Set in Ochre and the Cath Kidston Summer Birds Bedlinen are stunning examples.
- A complementary cushion can help bring the look together. We absolutely love the Laura Ashley Hartington, Laura Ashley Harvest and Voyage Maison Alfie cushion designs for a touch of country charm.
- A country style rug brings an element of softness to the scheme for added texture and interest. Position in the centre of a room or partially under your bed, sofa or chair for maximum impact. Morris & Co. offer exquisite designs including the charming Artichoke Rug in Amber Charcoal to complement country interiors.
- For finishing touches, add a decorative house plant or fill a vase with fresh, seasonal flowers. You could also opt for one of our Voyage Maison door stops made from natural fabric and filled with scented lavender. This will bring a touch of the outside in for a breath of fresh country air and relaxation.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our monthly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.