The Home Of Interiors Outdoor Trend
Our outdoor trend is all about creating an inviting outdoor space to relax, entertain and socialise. Whether it be a garden, patio, porch or balcony, this trend helps to blur the lines between the indoors and out, creating an extension of the home perfect for the summer months. Outdoor textiles including weatherproof fabrics, cushions and rugs bring the trend to life, with stripes, florals, geometrics and coastal designs complementing the outdoor theme. Earthy and neutral tones lend themselves beautifully to this trend, as do accent shades of blue, green, pink and orange. Introduce natural materials such as wood, rattan or jute through furniture pieces for a warm, softening effect. For more inspiration, please see our outdoor styling blog post.
How to work the trend!
- Add a splash of colour to your outdoor space with a beautiful outdoor paint. The Little Greene range offers some fantastic exterior finishes, ideal for surrounding walls, fences, sheds, gates, doors and garden furniture. Embrace nature with subtle earthy, neutral and natural tones, or introduce accents of bold, bright and dramatic colour for an energetic feel that’s bursting with personality.
- Create a cosy seating area with some stylish yet practical outdoor furniture. Sofas, chairs and tables with rounded edges and curves bring an organic feel to the space. Versatile woven furniture and modular seating brings effortless style to outdoor settings, particularly in rattan finishes. Alternatively, you could consider simple teak wood furniture for a durable, low-maintenance option.
- Layer up with a beautiful cushion or throw in a purpose designed outdoor fabric for extra warmth and comfort. Choosing colours and designs that complement your interior scheme can bring a sense of cohesion that flows through to your exterior space. The Morris & Co. Outdoor Performance and Clarke & Clarke Alfresco collections offer a stunning selection of on trend fabrics suitable for indoor and outdoor use. The Warwick Beachclub, Romo Nicoya and Kravet by GP & J Baker Inside Out Performance or Breezy fabric collections are other superb choices.
- Furthermore, you could also consider a stunning oilcloth fabric to cover your table for easy outdoor dining.
- Patio covers and drapery in outdoor fabrics also make a beautiful addition to outdoor seating areas. Great for shading and privacy, they add a textural, cocooning element to the space.
- Complete your sitting or dining area with a beautiful outdoor rug. Discover iconic, timeless designs by the likes of Morris & Co. and Sanderson or go more contemporary with a statement Scion rug.
- Ambient decorative lighting is key to the trend. Uplights, downlights, string lights, lamps and lanterns not only brighten the space as the evenings draw in, but can also create outdoor elegance with a moody, atmospheric effect.
- For finishing touches, add some trailing / potted plants, trees and flowers to the space for an air of natural beauty.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our monthly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.