The Home Of Interiors Exotic Trend
We are seeing a plethora of bold patterns currently in fabric and wallpaper books brightening up living spaces and bringing an air of exoticism to a home. Bring this trend to life through dramatic tropical palm designs, exotic animals and paradise birds, metallic finishes encompassing geometric shapes, marble effects and a touch of velvet to add an air of exuberance to your home.
Prints are dramatic and range from designs incorporating bold florals, big leaves and impressive palms to exotic animals such as lemurs hand drawn with intricate detail. Take a look at Emma J Shipley’s stunning animal themed designs that really bring this trend to life.
Deep jewel toned colours work well will this trend such as emerald green, amethyst and sapphire blues. Rich rust tones also work well such as Little Greene’s Heat. Offset them with a complementing neutral colour for tasteful luxury.
Please watch our YouTube video below for inspiration.
How to work the trend!
- Use a bold patterned wallpaper on a feature wall with a complementing paint colour on the other walls, or if you are feeling brave you could wallpaper the whole room!
- Mix bold jewel tones and geometric pattern. Hexagonal wallpapers are very popular right now. This Harlequin Salinas Selo wallpaper in ebony / gold features interlocking hexagons in a multitude of metallic tones and is the perfect accent to bold colours to add a luxe feel.
- Complement the wallpaper with a velvet sofa or armchair in a rich colour to bring an air of luxury into your scheme.
- If using the wallpaper in a bedroom, a feature wall behind the bed works well accessorised with bedding from Emma J Shipley, and a beautiful jewel toned cushion to complete the look.
- Bring downstairs toilets to life with a bold, animal inspired wallpaper! See our #myhomeofinteriors customer images gallery for inspiration! Accessorise with green plants in concrete, grey plant pots.
- Accessorise console tables with jewel-coloured glassware. Coloured glass is a great way to brighten up a living space as colour dances around the room and the rich colours will complement this trend.
- Go for darker pieces of furniture to make the bold colours work harder. Dark accents highlight bright colours and don’t fight with them for attention, enabling the patterns and bright tones to do the talking! A dark wooden curtain pole works well with a bold patterned fabric or with curtains in a rich velvet coloured material. The Swish Soho pole in Vamp with Brushed Gold accessories is the perfect curtain pole for understated opulence!
See our ‘Get the Exotic Look’ boards at the bottom of this page for more inspiration!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our quarterly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.