The Home Of Interiors Children’s Trend
This trend is all about creating a room full of playful joy and wonder to really inspire your little one’s imagination. Outdoor themes are a popular choice, with adventurous designs such as woodlands, underwater scenes and jungle wildlife featuring on fabrics and wallpapers. Children’s murals also work well in this trend to create a fun and immersive statement look. For paint, consider neutral tones such as cream or stone and softer sage greens to accentuate the more colourful and creative designs. Complementary stripes, checks and polka dots on soft furnishings and accessories also bring the look together for a coordinated and fun finish. Please see our Children’s Bedroom Styling Blog Post for more inspiration.
How to work the trend!
- Keeping the walls neutral, choose a colourful fabric design for your curtains or roman blinds to create a real focal point in the room. The Prestigious Textiles Big Adventure and Harlequin Book of Little Treasures ranges offer a beautiful selection of bright and colourful, nature inspired designs to choose from.
- Equally, you could consider a beautiful ready made curtain. Blackout options work particularly well in children’s bedrooms, especially during the lighter months. We love the versatile Laura Ashley Awning Stripe design.
- Team with a fun cushion or blanket layered on a bed or chair. Go for a design to match the window dressing or try a stripe, check or polka dot pattern, picking out some of the accent colours to really coordinate.
- In nurseries, consider soft tones for walls and soft furnishings. Wallpapers, cushions and window dressings with gentle woodland creatures and birds are a great choice, with plain upholstery in complementary neutrals.
- For bedrooms, consider an exciting themed bedding set. The Cath Kidston range offers some superb, imaginaitve designs such as Mermaids and Peace Dragon.
- Add an element of fun to the room with playful touches such as fabric bunting, teddies and tepees to bring the adventure to life.
- Complete the look with a versatile curtain pole or track to hang your curtains. The neutral Jones Seychelles range or Jones Estate wooden poles in colours such as Mercury, Heather and Airforce would work well with some of the colours in the fabrics and wallpapers. You can also select any colour with our range of unfinished curtain poles or we can paint a pole to a colour of your choice with our bespoke paint service.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our monthly newsletter & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.