We are often asked how easy it is to attach the roman blind fabric to a roman blind headrail kit. Please watch our YouTube video that explains the process.
Please see the process below for attaching a roman blind fabric to a roman blind headrail kit. This can be useful if you are upgrading your headrail to a motorised roman blind.
Step by Step Process
- Lay the roman blind fabric on a flat surface.
- Remove the soft velcro strip from the roman blind headrail (remove the battery from the headrail if using a motorised blind).
- Attach the velcro on the roman blind fabric to the velcro on the headrail ensuring the top of the blind sits in line with the top of the headrail.
- Take the cords out of their packaging and line up the spools so that the cords neatly run from the top of the headrail to the bottom of the blind, lined up with the eyelets on the pocket rods on the blind fabric.
- Thread the cords through the eyelets / child safety devices on the blind.
- Attach the toggles to the bottom of the cords (these will be supplied with the headrails).
- Cut the cords leaving enough cord for any adjustment that may be required once the blind is installed. We recommend you cut the cord just slightly shorter than the bottom of the blind, but short enough that you can’t see it from the bottom.
The blind is now really for installation.
You may wish to charge the battery before installing the blind. The lifespan on a battery depends on the headrail specified and the weight of the blind, but typically with daily use the battery will last 6-9 months.
When re-charging the blind you can either charge the battery in situ, should a plug socket be located close to the blind, or remove the battery from the headrail and charge it in a location that is more convenient.
Please refer to our made to measure roman blind page for further information on our make up service. Shop our range of fabrics that can be made up into beautiful roman blinds made to your requirements and specification.
For styling ideas and inspiration, please see our trend guides. If you would like help pulling a full room scheme together, we also offer a complementary face to face and virtual Bespoke Design Service from our showroom in Brockenhurst. Please get in touch if we can assist with your project.
Email email@example.com or call us on 01590 615775.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook: @myhomeofinteriors