The Home Of Interiors Showhome Chic Trend
This trend is all about creating a contemporary, glamorous look with some statement pieces for a real ‘wow’ factor! Luxurious and metallic fabrics, including subtle animal prints, along with textured wallpapers featuring marble effects and striking designs in rich metallic colours bring this trend to life. Inject a pop of colour such as gold, teal, navy, emerald or mustard to off set the darker greys and blacks. Accessorise with velvet or faux fur cushions and throws to complete the opulent look.
How to work the trend!
- Off set a feature wall in a striking wallpaper with contemporary wave curtains in a complementing colour for a stylish window dressing. The simplicity of the curtains mean they don’t fight for attention with the wallpaper design. Wave curtains are particularly popular for modern interiors, particularly at floor to ceiling windows and across bi-fold and sliding doors. They are also perfect if you’d like your curtains to run the width of the room for a hotel chic at home look! The ‘wave’ shape provides a neat, slim stack back enabling as much light as possible to flood into your room.
- Consider a Silent Gliss Metropole for your wave curtains. The slate grey, gun metal or charcoal finishes work well with the trend.
- For the ultimate hotel chic and for added convenience consider a Blindspace Reese Recess profile for a motorised track. The Somfy range of motorised tracks facilitates the use of an App and Alexa / Google assist integration. The Silent Gliss 6243 hand drawn recess track also enables your curtains to run floor to ceiling for true sophistication.
- We particularly like the Anthology wallpaper Perlite in Opal / Gold Mineral, Gold Iridescent / Coal and Concrete / Bronze Ore. An armchair or sofa in a rich jewel tone, along with brass or brushed gold lighting completes the stylish look.
- A curtain pole in a brass / gold finish works well with this trend. The Galleria curtain pole range offers a plethora of opulent finial styles that complements this trend beautifully in the burnished brass finish. The Rolls Neo curtain pole range is also worth considering as they have some lovely led crystal finial styles. We particularly like the Rolls Neo Smoked Grey Faceted finial on a spun brass pole.
- Accessorise with textured cushions and throws, or subtle animal prints. The Tess Daly Faux Mongolian Cushion in Midnight or Tess Daly Leopard Knit cushion completes the show home chic look.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our quarterly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.