The Home Of Interiors Modern Luxe Trend
This is a delicate, modern trend encompassing soft tones in luxurious fabrics to create contemporary, understated elegance. Blush and rose gold tones work well with this trend. This trend is about creating a subtle, luxurious look. Textured wallpapers work well featuring shimmer and metallic finishes, and metallic embroidery in fabrics. Marble effects in wallpapers also work well with the trend, along with geometric and trellis patterns which are seen in wallpapers and fabrics. Floaty sheer curtains are perfect to create a soft, romantic feel. To finish the look a velvet or faux fur cushion will add an air exuberance to your room.
Please watch our YouTube video below for inspiration.
How to work the trend!
- Use a textured wallpaper on a feature wall with a complementing paint colour. Warm neutral tones work well such as Portland Stone and Rolling Fog, along with Light Peach Blossom to add a depth of colour. Take a look at Harlequin’s Textured Wallpapers along with the Anthology range for inspiration. We particularly love the Harlequin Momentum 6 wallpaper Suzuri in Cayenne or Oyster.
- Choose a textured wallpaper featuring geometric or marble patterns. These can be very subtle or you can make more of a statement with a bolder pattern, depending on your personal style and taste.
- Complement the wallpaper with a fabric armchair in a complementing shade featuring a fabric with subtle metallic or shimmer detail or blush pink velvet. Brushed gold, brass or rose gold arms or legs will work well with the trend.
- If using a textured wallpaper in a bedroom, a feature wall behind the bed works well accessorised with bedding from Tess Daley; add a couple of Faux Mongolian Blush cushions to create a luxurious feel.
- Choose a console table and lighting in brushed gold, brass or rose gold tones.
- The Jones Lunar Cage and Jones Strand Cage curtain poles work well, along with the Jones Strand Cone pole in rose gold. If you prefer a wooden curtain pole the Satin Oyster colour in the Rolls Museum range is perfect for this trend. We particularly like the Dune finial style. Finally, you may wish to consider the Swish Soho curtain pole in chic or jazz with brushed gold or rose gold accessories.
See our ‘Get the Modern Luxe Look’ boards at the bottom of this page for more inspiration!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our quarterly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.