The Home Of Interiors Floral Romantic Trend
Floral nostalgia …. we are seeing a resurgence of floral patterns. Floral patterns in bright colours bring an air of optimism and hope.
Floral Romantic is an elegant and classic trend encompassing watercolours, stencil designs, organic textures and delicate embroidery to create a soft floral, romantic feel. Soft pinks and earthy, natural greens work well with this trend, reflecting the elements of nature in the trend. Wild flowers, wildlife, birds, and insects feature in wallpaper and fabric designs. Checks also ticking stripes feature in the trend for a country cottage look. For a stylish window dressing, double or triple pinch pleat curtains and roman blinds work well. An upholstered chair in a floral pattern will complete the look.
How to work the trend!
- Choose a delicate, patterned fabric for your curtains as a focal point for the room. Keeping the walls neutral in a complementing paint colour will enable the curtains to take centre stage. This will also ensure the walls won’t fight for attention! Accessorise with some check cushions in colours that work tonally with the curtain fabric. You could also pick out a colour in the curtains and accessorise armchairs with some plain cushions.
- Alternatively, choose a floral or natural inspired patterned wallpaper and keep your curtains plain in a complementing fabric colour. You may wish to consider wallpapering the full room, or just a feature wall. If you have a fireplace you may wish to paper either side and paint the fireplace in a complementing colour. We love the Little Greene Belton Scenic Wallpaper design.
- Upholstered armchairs work well in floral or check fabrics, accessorised with co-ordinating cushions.
- Fabrics with a woollen or linen texture also work well to add cosiness and bring a natural feel to your room.
- Bring a touch of floral romantic to a bedroom with our range of floral bedding sets from Clarke and Clarke. Layer with a co-ordinating cushion.
- The Artisan wrought iron curtains poles, or Cameron Fuller poles in black work well in this trend in country cottages or in rooms with exposed wooden beams. Alternatively wooden poles work equally well. We particularly love the pastel colours in the Jones Seychelles and Jones Estate ranges and the floral ball finials design in the Rolls Modern Country range.
- Parquet floors and natural stone tiles are flooring options to consider. Dark Oak or whitewash wooden furniture completes the look.
See our ‘Get the Floral Romantic Look’ boards at the bottom of this page for more inspiration!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our quarterly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.