Bay Window Curtain Poles
Transform your bay window into a stunning feature
A well-dressed bay window can make a stunning feature in any room. Curtains and blinds remain the most common window treatments for bays, with many people now layering blinds and curtains. For example, layering a bay window curtain pole with sheer blinds to provided privacy for a downstairs bay or blackout blinds to block additional light from a bedroom bay.
Recent design innovations in bay window curtain poles now allow eyelet curtains to be used in bay windows. There have also been many developments in the design of the passover brackets and rings used in the standard bay curtain pole systems. It is however fair to say that from our extensive experience, not all systems are equal. At The Home of Interiors we have tested all the systems we sell and only include those products that we know will work for the applications we are selling them for.
Choosing your bay window curtain pole
The wide choice of different bay pole systems available and the many different bay window shapes and bay angles can make the purchase of a bay pole look overwhelming. However it really is quite straight forward, once you have identified a few key requirements.
At the Home of Interiors we are here to help you at every stage of the selection process and the initial steps detailed at the bottom of the page will really help to narrow down your search.
Showing 1–20 of 183 results
Swish Elements 28mm Belgravia Bay Curtain Pole£115.00 4 colours available
Universal 28mm Bay Window Curtain Pole with Ball finials£50.00 – £60.00 4 colours available
Swish Design Studio 35mm Bay Window Curtain Pole Mondiale£123.77 – £188.48 4 colours available
Rolls Neo 35mm 3 Sided Bay Curtain Pole Ball£266.48 4 colours available
Rolls Neo 28mm 3 Sided Bay Curtain Pole Ball£188.10 4 colours available
We would recommend filtering the products below by the following attributes.
- How many sides does your bay system have?
- 3 sides – select this filter option
- 5 sides – select this filter option
- L shaped bays – select this filter option
- More than 5 sided bay – this is perhaps better suited to a curtain track or a made to measure system that can be made to a continuous curve. Please refer to our Metropole section if you want to maintain the look of a curtain pole, or see our section on bay window curtain tracks for guidance on made to measure curtain tracks for bay windows.
- Are you hanging eyelet curtains or do you need curtain rings on your bay pole?
- If you are using eyelet curtains please select the ‘suitable for eyelet curtains’ filter in the functionality filter. There are a few systems on the market that claim to be suitable for eyelet curtains however this is simply not the case. At the Home Of Interiors we have tested all the products and only sell the bay systems that truly work and are suitable for all weights of eyelet curtains. We would highly recommend the new Neo bay curtain pole system for eyelet curtains.
- If you are using curtain rings then all the products we sell are suitable. The design of the brackets on the new Neo bay curtain pole mean that you don’t need passover rings or brackets so you get a smooth glide around the corners. All other brands and the old style Neo bay pole will come with passover rings and passover brackets.
- The diameter of curtain pole will be largely dictated by the style of pole you are looking for or the weight of curtains you need to hang.
- 16-19mm poles are really only suited to light weight curtains and sheers. The wrought iron products are the exception where these will be suitable for medium weight curtains.
- 28mm is the standard specification for bay window poles with the majority of finial designs being available in this diameter. We would also recommend you filter the product by weight if you have heavy weight curtains, as not all the 28mm systems will be suitable for heavy weight curtains.
- 35mm is suited to larger bays or rooms with higher ceilings, where not only the weight of the curtain will be a consideration, but also the scale of the pole becomes more important, so the proportions are in keeping with the room.
We’re here to help you.
If you have any questions about the suitability of any of the products or would just like to discuss the options with us, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01590 615 775 where a member of the team will be able to help with technical advice or provide product recommendations.