Express Service Pencil Pleat Curtains
Pencil pleat curtains take their name from the neat vertical pencil like pleats gathered evenly across the top of the curtain. This is one of the most simple headings. The 3″ pencil pleat tape needs to be gathered to your required width by pulling the draw strings in the curtain tape. If you leave the cords slightly slacker and don’t pull the cords as tight, then you get a more casual looking gathered heading.
Shop our range of curtain poles and curtain tracks.
Why Choose Pencil Pleat Curtains?
- Can be used on curtain tracks or curtain poles
- Suitable for most styles of fabric
- Well suited to traditional and contemporary homes
- Adjustable hanging height
- The top pocket would usually be used for curtain poles
- The lower pockets will allow the curtain to be hung covering a curtain track (please note that Silent Gliss recommend curtains are ‘underslung’ so sit underneath the curtain track. They offer a range of tracks that balance design with performance. The Silent Gliss Metropole range is particularly popular and tracks are available in a range of colours to complement your interior style and colour scheme).
Made for you!
Please download our measuring guide for advice on measuring so that your curtains are made to your required size. When ordering your pencil pleat curtains you can specify if you would like weights added to enhance the drape. If you specify ‘yes’ a weight is positioned at each corner and one near each seam where the fabric is joined. You can also specify your lining and choose between a standard, thermal or blackout lining. Co-ordinating tiebacks and cushions can also be added to your order for a finishing touch.
Please note you will need to gather your curtains upon delivery. Please follow the instructions that will arrive with your curtains.
Select from a wide range of beautiful fabrics that are all held in stock in our workroom, allowing us to offer this express makeup service with dispatch in 10 working days.
Fabric designs are launched each season to complement current interior design trends and colour palettes. The collection includes staple plain fabrics, geometric designs, classic florals, along with subtle patterns, stripes, checks and more! Printed designs, jacquards and stunning velvets are available within the fabric portfolio.
Caring for your Made to Measure Pencil Pleat Curtains
Please unpack your curtains as soon as you can once they have been delivered. There may be creasing or some pressure marks on the curtains. These will normally fall out quickly after hanging in a warm room. Alternatively, the curtains may be lightly ironed with a warm dry iron on the reverse side (please do not use any steam). Hems and sides should never be pressed. Steam and excessive pressure or temperature should be avoided as these can stretch or shrink the fabric.
Hanging & Dressing A Pencil Pleat Curtain
Please ensure the cords are tied at the end before gathering the heading. Loosely gather the curtains for a more relaxed look.
We are delighted to be offering free of charge fabric swatches on all our Express Service fabrics. Simply add fabric swatches of your favourite fabric(s) to your basket and checkout in the normal way. Swatches will be sent out on the same working day via Royal Mail so should be delivered in 2-3 days.
As our Express made to measure products are made to order and are therefore non returnable, we would recommend samples are ordered prior to ordering your curtains, blinds or cushions to double check the fabric is right for you.
Please get in touch if we can offer any advice or if you have any questions with regards to our Express service fabrics and made to measure services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01590 615775.
We offer a range of lining options for you to choose from:
- Lined – to enhance the drape of your curtains we specify a sateen twill lining which is 70% polyester / 30% cotton in ivory. This is an off white / light cream colour. A standard lining will help to protect your curtains from sun damage and prolong the life of your curtains.
- Thermal – our thermal lining has a 1 pass coating to not only block sunlight, but also to offer thermal and sound insulation properties, helping to conserve energy and dampen noise. This lining is 65% polyester and 35% cotton and is available in ivory, which is a soft cream colour.
- Blackout – blackout linings not only block light from flooding into a room but also offer thermal properties helping to conserve energy. In addition, they also help to absorb sound so can improve the acoustics in a room. Our blackout lining is 100% polyester, has a 3 pass coating and is available in white or cream.
Please refer to our delivery information page for information on our delivery charges.
Once an order has been placed and processed our customer service team will be in touch via email to advise a dispatch date and send a tracking link if available. The lead-time information on all products is advised in the product description or product specification tabs on the product pages. If you’d like us to check stock or advise delivery timings for a specific product please give us a call on 01590 615775 and a member of the team will be delighted to help.
Whilst we will endeavour to fulfil our delivery promises once the goods leave our warehouse we do rely on 3rd parties to fulfil their obligations. We therefore recommend that a fitter or decorator isn’t booked until the goods are safely in your hands and have been checked for damage and any missing items. We cannot be held responsible for any fitter or decorator cancellations.
Please refer to our Returns page for information on returning a product.
Prior to ordering!
We hope that you are delighted with your purchase. To reduce the likelihood of having to return a product, we do recommend paint sample pots, wallpaper and fabric swatches are ordered prior to ordering the full sized items. We can also send out ring samples, colour toggles or off cuts of curtain poles / tracks to ensure the colour is right before you commit to order. Please get in touch if we can offer any assistance. Please email email@example.com or call us on 01590 615775 and a member of the team will be delighted to help.