The Home Of Interiors Geometric Trend
This is a contemporary trend encompassing retro influences and features bold colours for a striking look. Graphic, geometric prints feature trellis patterns and shapes using 3D effects to create a stylish design. Pops of colour are used for the real wow factor. Textured fabrics and wallpapers are common in this trend to add interest. We also see a lot of velvets in vibrant colours and stunning patterns.
How to work the trend!
- Mix Geometric patterns and prints for a confident statement look. Fabric houses design their collections so that the fabrics within a collection work tonally together, which provides an opportunity to mix patterns in a safe way as the colours will work together and complement each other.
- Jewel toned velvet sofas and chairs work well against a geometric curtain fabric or wallpaper. Choose a different coloured armchair to your sofa for added interest and confidence.
- If you have chosen a bold print for your curtains, consider a Silent Gliss Metropole for your curtains. The simplicity of the track won’t fight for attention with the geometric pattern of the curtains.
- Alternatively the Swish Soho pole and the Rolls Neo Mosaic style finial or the Rolls Neo Faceted Ball finials complement the trend beautifully.
- If you have opted for a bold patterned wallpaper, curtains in a plain fabric in one of the colours in the wallpaper can tonally work well for a stylish look.
- For the ultimate contemporary look consider a Blindspace Reese Recess profile for a motorised track. The Somfy range of motorised tracks facilitates the use of an App and Alexa / Google assist integration. The Silent Gliss 6243 hand drawn recess track also enables your curtains to run floor to ceiling for a truly stylish finish.
- We particularly like the Harlequin Momentum ranges for striking geometric patterns and designs.
- A roller blind in a striking geometric print can work well in a kitchen or bathroom.
- An upholstered headboard in a geometric velvet pattern can add the real wow factor to a bedroom.
- Accessorise with a geometric throw and cushions that work tonally together in various geometric prints.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our quarterly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.