The Home Of Interiors Geometric Trend
This is a contemporary trend encompassing retro influences and features bold colours for a striking look. Graphic, geometric prints feature trellis patterns and shapes using 3D effects in order to create a stylish design. Pops of colour are used for the real wow factor. Textured fabrics and wallpapers are common in this trend to add interest. We also see a lot of velvets in vibrant colours and stunning patterns.
How to work the trend!
- Mix Geometric patterns and prints for a confident statement look. Fabric houses design their collections so that the fabrics within a collection work tonally together, which provides an opportunity to mix patterns in a safe way as the colours will work together and complement each other. We particularly love the Clarke & Clarke Urban and Equinox 2 collections for a modern geometric scheme. The Prestigious Textiles Ezra fabrics and the Orla Kiely prints also work well, as do the Boka and Selo fabrics from the Harlequin Salinas range to help bring the trend to life.
- Jewel toned velvet sofas and chairs work well against a geometric curtain fabric or wallpaper. Choose a different coloured armchair to your sofa for added interest and confidence. The Clarke & Clarke Ascot Maui accent chair is a fantastic addition.
- If you have chosen a bold print for your curtains, consider a Silent Gliss Metropole to complete the look. The simplicity of the track won’t fight for attention with the geometric pattern of the curtains.
- Alternatively the Swish Soho pole and the Rolls Neo Faceted Ball finials complement the trend beautifully.
- If you have opted for a bold patterned wallpaper, curtains in a plain fabric that pick up on accents within the wallpaper design can work well tonally for a stylish look.
- For the ultimate contemporary look consider a Blindspace Reese Recess profile for a motorised track. The Somfy range of motorised tracks facilitates the use of an App and Alexa / Google assist integration. The Silent Gliss 6243 hand drawn recess track also enables your curtains to run floor to ceiling for a truly stylish finish.
- We particularly like the Harlequin Momentum ranges for striking geometric patterns and designs.
- A roller blind in a striking geometric print can work well in a kitchen or bathroom.
- If decorating a bedroom, consider some alluring geometric bedding. Orla Kiely and Tess Daly offer some fabulous designs exuding style and character.
- An upholstered headboard in a geometric velvet pattern can add the real wow factor to a bedroom.
- Accessorise with a geometric throw and cushions that work tonally together in various geometric prints.
- Complete the look with a stylish patterned rug for added warmth, texture and interest. We particularly like the Harlequin Arccos rug for a striking statement.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Sign up to our quarterly home interiors trend updates and style guides & be notified of any new product launches and special offers.